With Dr. Woodson Merrell, Chairman of the Department of Integrative Medicine at Mt. Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center and author of The Detox Prescription and Power Up
May 9th – 6 PM – Yale Club of New York City
Dr. Woodson Merrell has been on a mission to transform medicine and healthcare since he started his practice in integrative general internal medicine in 1986. A pioneer and national leader developing the field of Integrative Medicine, Dr, Merrell’s approach combines the best evidence-based therapeutic approaches from conventional and complementary medicine.
Have you ever wondered about the following questions?
- What’s the best diet? Paleo, Mediterranean, vegetarian, etc.
- Cholesterol: does it have to be treated? (Hint: probably not for half of you out there.)
- Homeopathy: Beneficial or the devil’s brew?
- Vitamins: How do we know if we need them or what ones we need?
- What mindfulness practices increase our intelligence, focus health and longevity? Are there pills that can do the same thing?
- How much exercise is enough?
- How do I get more energy?
- Is there some way for me to get to sleep better or keep me in sleep? Why am I always exhausted in AM?
- How can I control my weight?
- Are stem cells ready for prime time?
Dr. Merrell will be addressing these questions and many more at our next May 9th Thought Leaders in Business event.
More about Dr. Merrell:
- Chairman of the Department of Integrative Medicine at Mt. Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center/
- Research on integrative medicine effectively combines Western bio-scientific medical practices, tradition-based approaches to health such as acupuncture, and an innovative focus on nutrition and the body.
- Author of The Detox Prescription and Power Up, an in-depth exploration of how to supercharge your health and eliminate the toxins within.
Join us at this exclusive Thought Leaders in Business event to hear Dr. Merrell tackle some of the biggest health myths we see in modern medicine today, and to learn more about how we can begin to heal ourselves.
Dr. Woodson Merrell
Dr. Woodson Merrell received his medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons and has been in practice for more than 30 years. He has been on a mission to transform medicine and healthcare since he started his practice in integrative general internal medicine in New York City in 1986. He has been a pioneer and national leader in developing the field of Integrative Medicine, which combines the best evidence-based therapeutic approaches from conventional and complementary medicine.
Dr. Merrell’s practice includes nutrition, acupuncture, herbal medicine, and mind-body stress reduction techniques along with conventional internal medicine and diagnostics. As the Founding Executive Director of the Center for Health and Healing in New York, Dr. Merrell established the largest and most comprehensive academic center for Integrative Medicine in the U.S. He is immediate past Chairman of the Department of Integrative Medicine at Mt. Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center and assistant clinical professor of medicine at Icahn Mt. Sinai School of Medicine.
Dr. Merrell is the author of two books, Power Up and The Detox Prescription. As one of the world’s leading experts on Integrative Medicine, Dr. Merrelll has been frequently quoted in national publications including Time, The New Yorker, The New York Times and Town and Country, and has made numerous television appearances including on Good Morning America, CBS News and The Dr. Oz show.